Logo
  Saturday, September 28, 2024
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

bad experience with Magellan's repair department   
I suggest that everyone be wary of dealing with the repair department at Magellan. I sent in a Roadmate 760 to be repaired. After a month of not hearing from them, I called. After 7 30-60 minute annoying phone calls I learned that they would not repair the Roadmate 760. I was supposed to be happy that they offered to replace it with a unit that has less features than my original Roadmate 760. Eventually Magellan sent the replacement without my agreeing to the substitution. Any complaints were met with an attitude of "there is nothing I can do." The net result is that I am stuck with a unit that lacks the very feature that helped me decide to spend the money for a Roadmate 760. Magellan's customer service ranks as one of the worst I have ever dealt with.

Post Response 
GPSGuru
01/27/2008
01:55:46 AM
Good to know
Support is always important when needed and I really appreciate you are sharing your experience... Do you know anything about Garmin support?

martire
02/07/2008
11:20:06 AM
Magellan Roadmate 760
I've been waiting almost 4 months for the return of my Roadmate 700 (upgraded to a 760 with the TrafficKit). That's 4 months of my purchased TrafficKit subscription gone, too). I had a return authorization, returned it (to Fort Worth, TX - about 200 miles from my home) with a receipt showing it was delivered, and have been unable to get any other information (except after the first call, when I was told it would take no more than 3 weeeks). The problem was a software problem, NOT a hardware problem, so little excuse for not solving it promptly.

I have emailed a number of times, but always receive a reply that I should call the service line (which, I understand, is in India), but I give up after 30-45 minutes f waiting. The Fort Worth repair facility, by theway, is unlisted in every search I have made. The general address is a warehouse facilty in Fort Worth, but the specific address I sent my Roadmate to does not match any searches. I'm considering filing fraud charges with the Texas Attorney General's office. Anybody tried that yet?

rookie09
02/26/2008
07:41:09 AM

hey thanks 4 sharing that advice i was planning on getting my old Device exchanged 4 this one looks like i'll have to think abt it....

1  |
Related Forums   
Battery isn't holding a charge
I have my Nuvi 350 is not working when i plug it into the wall but works well into the car 12v and hold a charge. I ...
MUT needs improvement over gameplay?
What the community needs EA to fix/add the most to I'd like to understand who 5.2% is and slap every one of them. ...
Lockheed Martin modernized GPS Satellites
Lockheed Martin is primary contractor who supports GPS Satellites on orbit. They have completed the latest round of ...
Rate Garmin GPS
I just posted forum about comparison but I also wanted to rate Garmin GPS devices and not just compare. I really need ...
security pin for gps
Hi i wanted to ask whether one can activate a security pin or code to the gps so one cannot be able to use it without ...
GPS Batteries
I would like to find a place where I can buy GPS batteries. My battery is always running out of power within short ...
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*