Logo
  Saturday, September 28, 2024
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

For Golf Mapping Services   
Another added feature for the GPS was to navigate the Golf course, they are used to know the distance of the Golf field itself, as well as to determine the needed speed and accuracy needed by the player. Don't you think its fair enough to use this gadget for this sport?

Post Response 
koberyan
10/03/2008
03:43:32 PM

A lot of golfers use this GPS Unit for tracking down informations such as locating flags, bunkers and traps, moreover golfers can easily select the type of club that they need to use for a specific shot.

rainman
10/03/2008
03:44:42 PM
Re: For Golf Mapping Services
Actually Sinclair, it can affect the purpose of the game, but it could not manipulate the paths that a ball would travel, GPS is only used to figure out what is the exact distance between the ball and the green, as we all know golf is a game of skill, shot stroke and logic, and players without this GPS Unit, will find a hard time figuring out what to do in a golf game, compared to the ones who has it.

rainman
10/03/2008
03:45:36 PM
Furthermore, golfers will not be able to rely more on their instinct, because they are confident enough that they have a gadget to rely on, and the spirit of fairness on the game is lost. I'm not against the GPS Golf Unit, but ideally speaking, its much better to play using your skills and talents rather than depending on the Unit itself. I have a question for you Sinclair, Do you play golf?

glove
10/03/2008
03:46:39 PM
Actually they are not relying on the gadget, they just gather datas to determine what is the distance, I think its fair enough to use GPS in playing golf.

koberyan
10/03/2008
03:48:00 PM
But the fact still remains that they still use this gadgets to further enchance their skills in playing golf, and I agree with Rainman, fairness is not existing in this game.

glove
10/03/2008
03:49:36 PM
Nope, basically they use GPS not for cheating or putting a mess on the game, they just want to see the possible scenarios once the game has started, and I guess its fair enough for them to use it.

1  |
Related Forums   
GPS Maps for India Download
I am planning to go to india and rent a car. I have Garmin as well as TomTom GPS and I am planning to load India GPS ...
Need Help for tomtom go 730
I need help on tomtom go 730, i have the map what i need and now i want to know how install it:/ can anyone help me plz ...
Irish maps
hi, i am from ireland, and i wanted to buy a gps device which would have the good database of Irish maps.
Navigon 2100 upgrade
Could one tell me where I will find an upgrade for the Navigon 2100?
Memory maps
Hi can i download memory maps to my SD card so that i can use it on my Nuvi?? Any1 know about it or tried to do. plz ...
Map for driving in Italy PLEASE!!!!
I would very much appreciate the special person that would be kind enough in providing for me a map for Italy, so that ...
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*