Logo
  Friday, September 25, 2020
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

GPS for unsighted   
Are there any GPS devices for someone who is blind? Are there any devices that can take voice recognition and transfer it to a GPS unit? I need a device for someone with absolute no visibility.

Post Response 
zamzam07
03/24/2008
11:37:54 PM
BrailleNote GPS and Trekker
I would recommend you these two products. BrailleNote GPS and Trekker. Both the Trekker and BrailleNote GPS support Point of Interest (POI) features, such as locating libraries, gas stations, restaurants and tourist attractions which is of great help to the unsighted people. They easily calculate the distance and direction to a street address or the intersection.

1  |
Related Forums   
Surveys for GPS
In United States and Western Europe, there were surveys conducted and has reported that about half of respondents wants ...
Need an advice on GPS stock?
I write about GPS a lot of times and I am sure GPS will be next big thing out there. But, does anyone has good or bad ...
Why do we really need to own one?
GPS is becoming more popular nowadays, with its latest feature development, do you think that it is a necessity today ...
I NEED 2 INS Navigation Software Engineers
I need to find two INS Navigation Software Engineers with the following desired skills. • Minimum of M.Sc. in a ...
Italian Blind Union testing GPS
One of the useful applicatino resently coming to the market is GPS assitance devices for blind people. If you know more ...
Suggestions for Rout planning on my PC
Can anyone tell me about which brand would provide me a better software for planning route on my personal computer ...
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*