Logo
  Saturday, January 18, 2020
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

GPS for unsighted   
Are there any GPS devices for someone who is blind? Are there any devices that can take voice recognition and transfer it to a GPS unit? I need a device for someone with absolute no visibility.

Post Response 
zamzam07
03/24/2008
11:37:54 PM
BrailleNote GPS and Trekker
I would recommend you these two products. BrailleNote GPS and Trekker. Both the Trekker and BrailleNote GPS support Point of Interest (POI) features, such as locating libraries, gas stations, restaurants and tourist attractions which is of great help to the unsighted people. They easily calculate the distance and direction to a street address or the intersection.

1  |
Related Forums   
Garmin GPS50 - Memory Battery
I have a 20 year old Garmin GPS 50. When I switch it on I get a "MEM BATT" message. Garmin no longer support this ...
Need help to enter ID addresses on Tom Tom 510
I have recently bought Tom Tom 510. I am new to this device. I just wanted know how to enter the ID addresses of ...
I NEED 2 INS Navigation Software Engineers
I need to find two INS Navigation Software Engineers with the following desired skills. • Minimum of M.Sc. in a ...
Italian Blind Union testing GPS
One of the useful applicatino resently coming to the market is GPS assitance devices for blind people. If you know more ...
What can go wrong with your GPS?
GPS have become a useful tool in daily life for many people. For the most part, GPS products and systems are an ...
Drivers for Jensen NVX200
hi der i need drivers for my Jensen NVX200 GPS device to connect it to my laptop... need help...
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*