Logo
  Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

GPS for unsighted   
Are there any GPS devices for someone who is blind? Are there any devices that can take voice recognition and transfer it to a GPS unit? I need a device for someone with absolute no visibility.

Post Response 
zamzam07
03/24/2008
11:37:54 PM
BrailleNote GPS and Trekker
I would recommend you these two products. BrailleNote GPS and Trekker. Both the Trekker and BrailleNote GPS support Point of Interest (POI) features, such as locating libraries, gas stations, restaurants and tourist attractions which is of great help to the unsighted people. They easily calculate the distance and direction to a street address or the intersection.

1  |
Related Forums   
No gps receiver is detected
I get this error "No gps receiver is detected" on my windows based GPS device. What to do in order to fix this problem?
Need help to enter ID addresses on Tom Tom 510
I have recently bought Tom Tom 510. I am new to this device. I just wanted know how to enter the ID addresses of ...
Report A Stolen GPS
With the number of increase in GPS thefts PocketGPSWorld.com along with the Police forces across the country has ...
Italian Blind Union testing GPS
One of the useful applicatino resently coming to the market is GPS assitance devices for blind people. If you know more ...
need suggestions for a GPS Mount
Can anyone suggest me a good mount for my GPS Unit which for my in car GPS device?
Need Suggestions??
Im planning on purchasing a GPS Reciever but im pretty confused between the Garmin GPSMAP 276C and the Nextar Q3. ...
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*