Logo
  Saturday, September 28, 2024
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

Digitized maps in GPS   
Hi everyone!
I am new to GPS world. I need to know some details about digitized maps. How are the lat/long coordinates plotted? Do you know any software how this unit works? Thanks for your reply!

Post Response 
satoh
11/03/2008
07:19:54 PM
Re: Digitized maps in GPS
I am not really familiar with your questions. Can you explain a little bit?

jaypee
11/03/2008
07:20:43 PM
How will I plot the GPS coordinates that is the latitude and longitude on a given map. Can you please explain the process to me?

satoh
11/03/2008
07:21:56 PM
Maps that are provided by GPS manufacturers comes with a bazillion points which has latitude and longitude values. Every GPS unit relies on the satellite to provide locations for users. It gives an accurate pinpointing of the current locations at any given time. Hope it clarifies some queries.

rainier
11/03/2008
07:23:35 PM
My Tomtom unit gets signals between seven to nine satellites (minimum is three). So as I move along the roads, the satellites are tracking my movements, if I click the "Where I am?" button, I am given the location and the latitude/longitude values which is embedded in the map. I hope you have the general idea now.

1  |
Related Forums   
Map of Italy for my TomTom One N14644 Syste
Please forgive me for not mentioning the map I am seeking of Italy s for my TomTom One N14644 System. Thank you ...
Honda GPS Update
I am looking for a site where I can download and update GPS maps for my build in Honda Navigator.... Please help with ...
Destinator 7 maps?
Hi, i wanted Destinator 7 maps for Canada and the U.S. Was wondering if anyone knows where can i find them. Thanks...
Free Update garmin 250
Guarantee has long since expired so no free update available thru Garmin, but I need a free update for Europe, and I'd ...
England/Eurpoe maps for Garmin nuvi
Hello. I will be visiting England soon and would like to get England / Europe maps for garmin 265. Any help is ...
HELP Nordic GPS want to use in USA
Can I put an american map on my TOMTOM one Nordic?
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*