Logo
  Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

Digitized maps in GPS   
Hi everyone!
I am new to GPS world. I need to know some details about digitized maps. How are the lat/long coordinates plotted? Do you know any software how this unit works? Thanks for your reply!

Post Response 
satoh
11/03/2008
07:19:54 PM
Re: Digitized maps in GPS
I am not really familiar with your questions. Can you explain a little bit?

jaypee
11/03/2008
07:20:43 PM
How will I plot the GPS coordinates that is the latitude and longitude on a given map. Can you please explain the process to me?

satoh
11/03/2008
07:21:56 PM
Maps that are provided by GPS manufacturers comes with a bazillion points which has latitude and longitude values. Every GPS unit relies on the satellite to provide locations for users. It gives an accurate pinpointing of the current locations at any given time. Hope it clarifies some queries.

rainier
11/03/2008
07:23:35 PM
My Tomtom unit gets signals between seven to nine satellites (minimum is three). So as I move along the roads, the satellites are tracking my movements, if I click the "Where I am?" button, I am given the location and the latitude/longitude values which is embedded in the map. I hope you have the general idea now.

1  |
Related Forums   
Map update 7.15
I have Tomtom and when i try to update to Mao 7.15 it take hours and hours for downloading and and at the end ...
GPS Maps for Geocaching
Where can I get maps for Geocaching? I need to know at least general area of Geocaching before trying to find caches on ...
supply surveying instrument and accessories
i can supply surveing instrument and accessories,like total station,if you are interested in ,please contact me,thank ...
Windows 7 GPS
I am trying to find out information about windows 7 GPS capabilities. Is there a native built-in GPS application that ...
Need help building a trail map
I need to build a trail map for a recreation area. I want to do an easy to view overview of the area as well as small ...
Map updates nuvi
Does anyone have North America map updates for nuvi 260w. I cant afford to buy them and im tired of it getting me lost ...
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*