Logo
  Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

Digitized maps in GPS   
Hi everyone!
I am new to GPS world. I need to know some details about digitized maps. How are the lat/long coordinates plotted? Do you know any software how this unit works? Thanks for your reply!

Post Response 
satoh
11/03/2008
07:19:54 PM
Re: Digitized maps in GPS
I am not really familiar with your questions. Can you explain a little bit?

jaypee
11/03/2008
07:20:43 PM
How will I plot the GPS coordinates that is the latitude and longitude on a given map. Can you please explain the process to me?

satoh
11/03/2008
07:21:56 PM
Maps that are provided by GPS manufacturers comes with a bazillion points which has latitude and longitude values. Every GPS unit relies on the satellite to provide locations for users. It gives an accurate pinpointing of the current locations at any given time. Hope it clarifies some queries.

rainier
11/03/2008
07:23:35 PM
My Tomtom unit gets signals between seven to nine satellites (minimum is three). So as I move along the roads, the satellites are tracking my movements, if I click the "Where I am?" button, I am given the location and the latitude/longitude values which is embedded in the map. I hope you have the general idea now.

1  |
Related Forums   

Need Free Maps for Magellan GPS
I have old GPS from Magellan and tried to purchase a GPS map on their site but they don't provide an update to maps for ...
australia map
Hi, im looking for australia map for tomtom one xl,can i have it for free thanks
South or Southern Africa map - Don't mind buying
For some reason I cannot purchase the South Africa map from the TomTom Canada site and when I switch to another site ...
mio map v3.2 upgrade
i didn't receive an usb cable for computer downloads and upgrades. is there an other way of upgrading the disk without ...
Geocaching Maps in New York
Is there a web site for GeoCachers for the New York area? I am wondering how different it is between big city and ...
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*