Logo
  Saturday, September 28, 2024
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

Magnetic Field   
Is it possible for the GPS device to lose its settings. My Magellan GPS device is getting slowly but surely inaccurate. The distance to a corner are now off by 30 meters of 100 feet. I get no satisfactorily answer from the Magellan people.

Could it be that the earth's magnetic field is changing position (as it is) and affects the accuracy of my GPS device?

JB

Post Response 
GPSguide
01/30/2009
05:47:12 PM
Solar Activity
Sometimes solar activity can be cause of your problems. I would wait another week or two and if accuracy does not come back it may be something wrong with the device.

1  |
Related Forums   
From GPS Shoes to GPS Jacket by Bladerunner
Bladerunner just released GPS Jacket as its latest clothing line. This technology is satellite detectable and will help ...
Great GPS for my car
I am enjoying with Nuvi 350, which is a very good device, but it has got a very poor database, most of the time its ...
TomtomGO 720
I noticed my TomtomGO 720 has the built-in POIs but it is not showing details of addresses. When I add a custom POI ...
Vehicle Tracking and Security GPS Equipment
Hi im from New Delhi im looking out for Vehicle Tracking and security GPS Device at an affordable price where can i ...
BlueSky SIM GPS for iPhone
iPhone can be enabled to get GPS signal via BlueSky Positioning SIM GPS. This is French company that allows to add GPS ...
Garmin Rino HCx series is weather aware
Rino HCx series has been upgraded for the hikers to read weather conditions in the area and also fitted with new color ...
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*