Logo
  Saturday, September 28, 2024
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

CSV or GPX, Which is really and needed?   
CSV or GPX, Which is really important and needed? I am thinking of updating my files for POI (Points of Interest) I don't know which one is the best feature.

Post Response 
rainier
11/05/2008
06:44:54 PM
Re: CSV or GPX, Which is really and needed?
They can be used interchangeably as both files are used for GPS to create actual files for custom POI.

tanny
11/05/2008
06:45:37 PM
Do you know the advantages and disadvantages of both? Can you site few so I would be familiar if problem arises.

rainier
11/05/2008
06:46:22 PM
The advantage of CSV file is simplier than GPX while GPX has additional informations and functions. Like for example, you can enter phone numbers which can be dialed from GPS if you select POI.
You can try getting more informations from this related link:

http://www.poi-factory.com/garmin-csv-file-format

1  |
Related Forums   
Navman problems
Hi! My GPS Navman F20 cannot detect internal memory. Is this a hardware problem or what?
Carrying GPS to India
I have been using the GPS Garmin nuvi 50LM. I would be travelling back to India shortly. would this GPS work in India ...
Windows Phone GPS
I am looking into buying Windows Phone but not sure about it Windows Phone GPS capabilities. I know iPhone very well it ...
Lowrance GPS
Are Lowrance GPS any good?
SIM Card for GPS Tracker PLEASE HELP
I recently purchased a GPS tracker a G 204 for my car. All is working except I cannot get the GPS Tracker to ...
eltrex vista hcx
What can I do with my Vista when I have not any Map on my region?
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*