Logo
  Saturday, September 28, 2024
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

Quick Facts about Global Positioning System   
What are the most important benefits of GPS or Global Positioning System? I know this question may sound a bit too easy to answer but honestly, up until this day, I do not have my own GPS because I feel that I do not really need it. My officemates have been telling me to get one but somehow it doesn’t interest me much, maybe because I do not have that much knowledge about GPS that’s why I’m not too interested. People have been saying I’m too outdated not to have one but before I seriously consider it, I hope you guys could give me some quick facts about GPS.

Post Response 
ElGonzi
12/02/2010
09:54:12 PM
Basic Facts and Info on GPS
You probably know that GPS is used for determining location and helping you out when it comes to directions. Ever wondered how it works?

GPS works by connecting through satellites around the world. For every GPS device, it is capable of connecting and acquiring information from at least four satellites around the world. Because it connects to the satellites, it is important to have a clear view sky when using GPS devices. Although, various activities also have different specialized GPS devices. There are devices made for hiking, cycling, fishing or other activities.

The GPS devices can show you the latitude and longitude of your location. Aside from this, GPS devices can also show you the direction you are heading to and if you are in your car, it also reflects the speed. GPS device also contains a 12 channel receiver and an antenna that allows them to get a signal from the satellites.

oyies
12/02/2010
10:02:14 PM
latest GPS
GPS devices have become better and better as years pass by. Just to add up to the basic facts about how GPS works, the latest developed GPS devices today offers a 40 channel reciever. This means that the information you will get will be more accurate and reliable. It is also fascinating how the latest GPS devices today use microchips as antennas. Because of this development, GPS devices are much more lightweight and handy for the users. Unlike before, GPS device were bulky and very large.

1  |
Related Forums   
Using GPS for Everyday
I have been hearing a lot about this GPS or the Global Positioning System. Most of my neighbors and friends have been ...
Smartphone GPS vs Navigator
I have HTC Smartphone and it has its own navigation that gets me where I want. It is google maps and everything. Do I ...
Traveler 137
Also, looking for any information abotu Traveler 137 if I can get it on Verizon cell network. Any information from ...
How to add GPS Location to Digital Picture?
I know that several camerac can add GPS location to digital picture but I am not sure how to do it on my camera I have ...
Garmin Nuviphone vs Apple iPhone
I may wait untill Garmin shows up with the device that will be better than iPhone. Evebody knows iPhone is missing GPS ...
Garmin Edge 500 Review
Living in Sweden with lots of bicyles I purchased Garmin Edge 500 two weeks ago and tried it out in my home city. The ...
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*