Logo
  Saturday, September 28, 2024
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

Best Outdoor Global Positioning System Receiver   
Hi! I am looking for a new Handheld GPS receiver. I used to have an outdoor GPS receiver before but it seems like it doesn’t work the way it is supposed to. Too bad because I think that one which I purchased before is not as durable as I thought it would be. I want to buy a new one which will give me better and reliable information. Although I want to keep it as close to my budget as possible, I still want to be able to find the best outdoor Global Positioning System receiver.

Post Response 
techupdate
12/02/2010
09:32:44 PM
Great Handheld GPS Receiver
I have here on my list three great handheld GPS Receivers: The Garmin GPSMAP 60c Series, Magellan eXplorist Series and Magellan Triton Series. You might wanna check them out and see which one will best suit your preferences.

Magellan eXplorist Series is the commendable compared to other GPS devices when it comes to the aspect of price. The eXplorist series offers a colored and black and white wide screen. If your standards and specifications for a GPS device is not too high, this will do a great job already.

Garmin GPSMAP 60c Series is an excellent pick because it has a good color screen resolution. I mean, having good resolution will really contribute a lot in terms of convenience of the GPS use. It also has a long battery life. What I appreciate about it is that it has extra memory for loading up maps. If you are the kind of person who aims to us the GPS for hunting in the forest or hiking, this can be a good option.

Magellan Triton Series GPS Receiver is great for those who are looking for an easy to use kind of GPS because it has a really simple and easy to navigate built in menu. To make things much more user friendly, it has an instant access button for your convenience. Apart from that it also has an intuitive scroll pad on it. I have to say though that this GPS receiver is for people who are willing to invest and splurge on a good GPS device.

I have personally seen and examined those three back when I was still looking for a good GPS device to buy. I am currently using Magellan Triton Series GPS and I have to say that it is great!

ElGonzi
12/02/2010
09:44:37 PM
Good GPS devices
Garmin eTrex Series is not too expensive but not too cheap either. What makes it great is that it is small, making it convenient to just easily put inside your pocket. Battery is relatively nice because it can last up to more than 30 hours. It even has a built in compass and a barometer which would come in handy on some instances.

And the next in my list is the Magellan Meridian Platinum. This GPS device is something that I feel is created for those who are serious navigators. This is because its features encompass the ones that most GPS devices can offer. It has a three axis electronic compass which other GPS devices don’t have. Usually, other GPS devices only feature a horizontal built in compass. To make things even better, it also has a thermometer and barometer. When you are outdoors, you can say that you have a mini weather station along with you because of the reliability of the information that it gives. This is one among the best GPS systems that I have seen. Quite expensive though but I think it is worth it.

So there, those are the ones which I personally recommend. It is now up to you which one you are going to choose.

ElGonzi
12/02/2010
09:44:52 PM
Good GPS devices
Garmin eTrex Series is not too expensive but not too cheap either. What makes it great is that it is small, making it convenient to just easily put inside your pocket. Battery is relatively nice because it can last up to more than 30 hours. It even has a built in compass and a barometer which would come in handy on some instances.

And the next in my list is the Magellan Meridian Platinum. This GPS device is something that I feel is created for those who are serious navigators. This is because its features encompass the ones that most GPS devices can offer. It has a three axis electronic compass which other GPS devices don’t have. Usually, other GPS devices only feature a horizontal built in compass. To make things even better, it also has a thermometer and barometer. When you are outdoors, you can say that you have a mini weather station along with you because of the reliability of the information that it gives. This is one among the best GPS systems that I have seen. Quite expensive though but I think it is worth it.

So there, those are the ones which I personally recommend. It is now up to you which one you are going to choose.

1  |
Related Forums   
iPhone 3gs GPS
I just posted a message about iPhone GPS and I just wanted to point out that I am looking to buy iPhone 3GS and need to ...
Nokia 5800 GPS Review
I am looking for the detailed review of Nokia 5800 GPS Smartphone. I know it supports GPS but I am not sure if I need ...
Auto/handheld combination
Is there GPS unit available which is auto/handled? I would like to purchase GPS for my sister who will be a college ...
iPhone GPS built in function
Does iPhone have GPS or it’s just a gossip? I heard from many sources before that iPhone will be GPS compliant, but now ...
Windows Mobile GPS
I am looking for Windows Mobile phone with GPS enabled. I know that several Windows phones don't have GPS but I am sure ...
Using GPS for Everyday
I have been hearing a lot about this GPS or the Global Positioning System. Most of my neighbors and friends have been ...
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*